Friday 18 April 2014

Food Friday

And what we have eaten last week (random order)

On Saturday we normally eat "fast food". It is fast food I made myself, therefore it is not really "fast". But the dough is made by my kenwood cooking chef, I let it rise when I go shopping, and I have baked it in the oven, therefore my work was justo to put all ingredients in the kenwood and to assemlbe them later on before to bake it. Here calzoni (filled pizza's) with ham and ricotta filling, and a focaccia with onion and roma tomatoes.

On Sunday I normally cook meat, or I make a bit more effort to cook something the kids (well, the two small children and the older one I have married *LOL*) ask during the week. Normally something not "healty" but well, it is sunday only once a week. Here some grilled turkey with mashed potetoes and peas. Is not unhealty, but for the butter and cream I have mixed with the potatoes

Back to healty and sugar free, We have eaten this on Monday. Chicken curry with green beans. And spinach from the wok with a tahini dressing (tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, salt. You can add some roasted pine nuts if you have them, it is a wonderful combination. This dressing recipe comes from a vegan blog I follow)



On Tuesday we eat often pasta. It is easy and quick to make, and since on Tuesday my daughter has dance training I can optimise my time. These fusille are served with a tomato sauce with red lentils and mixed vegetables (zucchini, carrots, leek and onion cut in small cube). Did you know that lentil are a perfect substitute for meat? The sauce of red lentil comes again from plantaardigheidjes. I am not vegetarian, but I follow this blog because there are so much nice receips!)

Rice and curry again, this is what we have eaten yesterday: chickpeas with endive and curry sauce (made by me: a bit a fat free yogurt, curry and some peppers to add a bit os spicy flavor). We have eaten it with basmati rice

3 comments:

  1. Leuk dat je de dressing hebt geprobeerd. Het is eigenlijk Ottolenghi z'n recept, ik heb het alleen hier en daar aangepast. Ook de curry erbij ziet er lekker uit, geen recept erbij? Dan kan ik het proberen te veganizen :-)
    groetjes
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat leuk dat jij een reactie op mijn bolg heb geschreven, heel erg bedankt Danielle. De curry recept is onwijs makkelijk. Een lepel olie per persoon plus een lepel "voor de pan" opwarmen, een uitje in blokjes fruiten, kip erbij en later bruin worden. Daarn strooi ik wat curry poeder, ongeveer 250ml magere yogurt erbij en ik laat koken voor ongeveer 25-30 minuten. Net voor dat klaar is, doe ik 400gr gekoochte sperziebonen erbij en ik laat alles goed mengen. Ik maak vaak een vegetarisch versie met kikkererwten of linzekn ipv kip (ik heb ook geprobeerd met quorn stukjes en het was ook lekker, maar ik weet niet als 100% plantaardigd zijn), zo volgens mij een vegan versie met soja yougurt moet goed kunnen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ma con tutte le pizze che faccio in casa non ho mai fatto il calzone!!! Che vergogna devo rimediare subito!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete