Saturday 12 April 2014

cream cheese, made by me!

Cream cheese, aka philadelphia, well I find it delicious in a sandwich! I have found many times on the internet the recipe to make it myself, and because it didn't look too difficult I decided to try it.
What do you need? Just 500gr full fat yogurt, one teaspoon salt, and a bit of patience since you will have to wait 24 hours.
What do you have to do? Put a tea towel (white, cotton, at least 30cm*30cm) in a big bowl, pour the yogurt in it and  add the salt. Pull together the four corner of the tea towel, secure it with a knot (I used an elastic rubber band to be sure) and hang it above the bowl. I used a chopstick, on which I have tied the tea towel. Be sure the towel is not touching the bottom of the bowl.
Put the bowl in he fridge and wait for at leat 24 hours. And you cream cheese is ready to be eaten. Free of all stabilezers, emulsifiers or artificial flavors.
I added some erbs (thyme and salvia) to have some flavor.




No comments:

Post a Comment